Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More Than I Planned

The plan was for 5 today. I thought the route I planned would be 6. Turns out it was 7. Here's what it looked like: (YES!!!! MAPMYRUN!!!!)



As you can see, I'm at work. The route is a bit of a guess since some of the trails were not quite visible on the map, but I think it's pretty close. The carriage roads are obvious. It's the single track and Aqueduct Loop that were hard. I'm going to go with it because I love MapMyRun. Will this love affair end? Only time will tell.
After this morning's discovery, I decided that getting in a few more hills wasn't a bad idea. This run certainly fit that bill. (Be sure to check out the elevation profile. It's beefy.)
My calves and quads are still recovering from this past weekend, but I had a surprising amount of spring in my step. That was very encouraging with the hard effort from the weekend.
Now, I just have to figure out a 10 or 12 miler for tomorrow morning. Back to MapMyRun!

No comments: