With 4 inches of slush/ice/yuk hitting the ground today, it was a great excuse to take the day off. And, it also gives me the opportunity to update the Pringle Power Poll.
"What is the Pringle Power Poll?" you ask.
Well, it's only the most important, non-scientific, gastrointestinal experiment in deliciousness ever conducted by me. In short, I'm on a quest to try every variety of Pringle I can get my hands on.
I've recently fallen in love with Pringles all over again. They're uniform crisps of all un-natural awesomeness. They're pure magic. I eat them as often as I can...better keep running.
Onto the poll...
1. Bacon Ranch: It's ranch plus bacon. Oh my. They should just call them "Lil' Crisps o' Heaven." It's tough for me to stop eating these.
2. Sour Cream n' Onion: The only reason these aren't first is because they lack bacon.
3. Plain: (I refuse to call them "Original" as they are officially labeled.) If they'd never made all the flavors, the plain Pringles would still rank extremely high in the junk food pantheon.
4. Ranch: Why bother? Good, but nowhere near the Bacon Ranch...because...well...bacon.
5. Blazin' Buffalo Wing (Extreme): These were a total surprise. I was little concerned about the "Extreme" factor thinking that they would be overly covered in mysterious chemical buffalo powder, but they're not. They are spicy, but that's good because it keeps you from eating the whole can at once. I only just started a can of these, so these could rise.
6. Barbecue: These have sweet barbecue flavor, which is a good balance with the salty Pringle, but a little strange. Still tasty, though.
7. Cheddar Cheese: These puppies are coated in a mysterious orange powder. It's cheesy, but it's not that good. I don't really like overly coated chips, i.e. Nacho Cheese Doritos, which are my least favorite kind of Doritos.
8. Pizza: Um...yeah... Good in theory, but terrible in practice. Where I would buy the Cheddar Cheese again, I plan on skipping the Pizza.
Flavors I still need to try:
Loaded Baked Potato (I can't wait to get my mitts on these.)
Chili Cheese (Hmmm....)
Salt & Vinegar
Extreme - Kickin' Cheddar
Extreme - Sreamin' Dill Pickle (I have a can of these in the cupboard. Report coming soon.)
They also make something called Select. It looks like it supposed to be the gourmet Pringle. Huh? Gourmet and Pringles should never date. Plus, they don't come in a can, so I'm not interested. And, Stix...pfffft...baked wheat? No, thank you.
Time for a snack.