Sunday, December 14, 2008

Glug Glug

Normally, I'm a big fan of the glug glug sound. It means that I'm drinking delicious beer. But, today my gut was making that noise on our 15-mile run. It was much less enjoyable than drinking tasty malt beverages. I think it might have been the oatmeal I had for breakfast. D described it a "fibrous"—from the Latin for making your gut go glug glug. Luckily, I avoided any kind of mid-run calamities, but I was uncomfortable the whole way. I also let out some nasty burps. It's so much fun hanging out with me.

I also wore a new pair of shoes on this run. As in, fresh out of the box new. This lead to a couple blisters. My other road shoes are now screwed, so I didn't want to click clack the whole way. For the most part, that was a good choice. D only has screw shoes remaining, so she was much better on icy shoulders than I. And the road down to Simpson's Point was treacherous.

My legs felt pretty good the whole way. Tired by the end, but not too bad. The views of the ocean and the ice on the trees were well worth it.

No comments: