Sunday, December 7, 2008

Long Lost Update

I can't believe I haven't had a chance to update since Wednesday. D might claim that it's because of my new mistress. In reality, I've been crazy busy. I'm currently sitting on my butt on the couch watching football in my new crystalicious HD, so it's time for an update.

Crappy run on Thursday. Rain, cold, cramp, busy road. All bad. But, I got the miles in, and it didn't kill me.

I bounced back with a great run on Friday morning. I was up at work and took the opportunity to explore the North Rd. in Shelburne. Actually, the run started on the AT...well, the road is the AT. Great views of Mt. Washington and Mt. Adams, plus a nice sunrise. Good stuff.

Yesterday, we had an event at work...actually, we have enough to host the first ski race of the season in New England. The race went well, but it meant a long day for me. I didn't get home until 8:30, and then I still had videos to edit. If you're interested in groovy ski photos and videos created by me, click here.

With the long day and late night, I wasn't sure how frisky I would feel today when we headed out for our run. We met Mindy and Tim at Pineland at 9:00 for a tour of the very crusty trails. Snow was falling, so we were feeling hardcore. The trails were a mix of frozen mud, frozen grass, frozen hard stuff, cold squishy mud and really cold water. In other words, perfect for this time of year. Company was great, and I think I'm going to begin my training to be an Olympic archer. After a tour of the lower fields and the campus loop, Mindy and Tim called it a day at about 8 miles. I was surprised at how good I felt, so D and I stuck to the plan and headed out on the Oak Hill Loop. We cruised along, skipped Gloucester Hill and arrived back at the car at just under 2 hours. Great run, but it was time for food! The four of us headed to Stones Cafe for an awesome breakfast. Pretty much the perfect morning.

No comments: