Sunday, May 4, 2008

April Recap

As has been well documented, April kinda sucked.

That being said, April was not without its lessons learned. The experiment continues. Even though, I'm just starting up again, I'm hopeful that I am still on the right track. Sounds strange, I know. But I feel like I've learned enough to keep me on the right track, anyway. My summer races won't be what I had planned on, but hopefully, I'll be better off in the long run. No pun intended.

I'm still planning on running the Pineland Farms 25k. Well, at least I'll be putting on a number and attempting to complete the course. That's about the level of expectations right now. Depending on how May goes, I'll make a decision on Mt. Washington. Right now, I'm 50/50. It's not a race that I want to go into undertrained. I think that would be a really bad decision. So we'll see. Also on the calendar, which I haven't mentioned yet, is the Trail Running Series at work. I had pretty much been hoping to do some damage in the really small pond, but at this rate, I'll be pretty happy just to do the 6 out of 8 weeks and win socks. Again, the expectations all around have been lowered.

Anyway, here are the anemic April numbers:
Miles: 19.75
Hours: 3

Boy, am I tired.

No comments: