Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Morning Runs Are Dumb

Morning people are evil. I ran with D this morning. She's evil. I hate running first thing in the morning, but today the scheduled dictated that I must. It was only 3 miles. I survived. I was cranky, but I survived. I think my body felt fine, but it was still asleep.

One thing I failed to mention was a significant anniversary that happened this weekend. While cruising through race results on Cool Running, I realized that the Catholic Conference Championship Meet was held this weekend. Sadly, my alma mater lost to B.C High. The significance, however, of this meet is that I hold a record for the meet. "Wow, you must have been fast in high school," you're thinking. Well, not really. I hold the record for the slowest winning time in the history of the 2-mile. Or at least I think I still do. Fifteen years ago (gulp), on a really hot day at White Stadium in Franklin Park, I won the Catholic Conference 2-Mile Championship in a pedestrian 10:21. (I think, it might have been 10:23.) At the time, and a couple years post, it was the slowest winning time in the history of the meet. I couldn't find any info online about the meet's history, so I'm going to assume that I still hold this "honor."

No comments: