Friday, October 17, 2008

Let's Do This



Seriously, does anything fire you up more than Asia?

This will in all likelihood be the final post before the marathon. The cold is mostly gone. Not completely, but what can I do? There's a medical tent at this thing, right?

Despite what you may have read, I will not be deviating from my plan. I will still be going out easy, with the goal time of 3:49.
Here are the splits that I'm going to focus on:
1 mile - 8:45
6 miles - 52:30
12 miles - 1:45:00
Half - 1:54:38
16 miles - 2:20:00
20 miles - 2:55:00
21-26.2 miles - bring it

So, there it is. We're headed to Bar Harbor tomorrow to pick up our numbers and such. We'll probably do another drive of the course, too.

Say "HI" if you see me tomorrow. I will be the only guy NOT wearing running shoes, jeans (most likely a braided belt), a technical long sleeve from a road race (tucked in), a technical running cap and a Boston Marathon jacket. Seriously, though, why do runners do this? I get it. You run. Congrats. But you're making us look like tools.

Also, feel to say "HI" on race day. I'm not sure what shirt I'm wearing yet, but I will be wearing a gray hat and camo Moeben sleeves. Why? Because they're freakin' camo!

Now to really get fired up the Greatest Music Video of All Time:


If you fail to see the unadulterated awesomeness of that, it's just not going to work out between us.

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

I also have camo Moeben sleeves and planned on wearing them! Cool, I knew you had good taste.

I'm sure I'll see you around tomorrow. Here's my cell, 459-8552.

-Jamie

R. Ian Parlin said...

You're obviously smart enough not to have listened to anything I said.

Now kick some butt.