Saturday, October 4, 2008

3 Miles...That's It

Ran a mellow 3 miles in the Commons this afternoon. That's it. That's all there is to report. Felt great. Weather was perfect. Things are good. Although, I was fighting the urge to run faster. I had to force myself to keep it easy.

D and I are headed up to Mt. Desert Island tomorrow to go for a run and do some official MDI marathon course recon. We thought it would be a good idea to check out the course before the race, and we also thought it would be nice to head up to the island on a weekend separate from the marathon weekend. You know, so we could actually have fun. D's boss was nice enough to give us a one night stay at the Claremont Hotel in Southwest Harbor. Their website includes this photo:



Yeah, I'm sure we'll fit right in.

My hope is that it's some sort of hardcore Heathers fan club. "Greetings and salutations..."

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Hope you guys have BIG FUN on your trip. (get it?)

I'd pay particular attention to miles 20-25 on the course with the goal of avoiding any perceived false summits during the marathon.

Jamie Anderson said...

P.S. If you encounter that guy in the photo, please take the mallet from him and bash him over the head with it repeatedly.