Thursday, March 5, 2009

Simpson's Point

Hit the roads today (Oh the horror!) for a not really long run. I chose a 9-mile loop that starts at Bowdoin and makes its way down to the ocean at Simpson's Point.



Aside from the fact that I was freezing running into a headwind for the first mile, the run went mostly smoothly. As I mentioned to D tonight, it was easy, but I never felt comfortable. Hamstrings are still tight (I know, I know. I'm a broken record...but...that's the deal...), and I just felt kind of tight all over. 1:15:49 for the 9 miles. Right where I should be for that level of effort, which in all honesty, was minimal. Good stuff.

That being said, I did get passed in the last .25 mile by a female Bowdoin student. She was doubled over panting after she stopped when I passed her a few seconds later. But, I don't think that was from her run. ZING!

No comments: