Monday, March 23, 2009

Last Run of the Winter

I've decided that today was my last run of the winter. I know it's technically spring, but it was 21 degrees when we left our house for Bradbury today. And windy. It's was winter. This was the last time I'm going to run in the winter. All runs from this point on will be spring runs. It's not going to be wintry anymore when I go out to run. It's spring.

That being said, I'm OK with snow on the ground, which is a good thing because there's still plenty. The only good thing about it being cold was that the trails were firm. We headed out on the Snowmobile Trail to the familiar crunch of winter trail running. Since I last ran at Bradbury, a lot of snow has melted. Or, rather, transformed. Much more ice on the trails. However, along the field at 4 miles I did find a bit of mud to frolic in. Upon returning to the parking lot, we decided to stick to the plan and run a loop of the Fat Ass course. Running a lot of laps is going to be hard. That's all I'm going to say about that. I might bring an ice axe.

"On the way home," we stopped at Big Top Deli for lunch. Big Top delivered when we were in college. The Philly Cheese Steak was a Sunday morning (read, afternoon) staple. Not sure why I was thinking about Big Top this weekend.

1 comment:

R. Ian Parlin said...

The ice axe is a good idea. We were thinking of tying off some ropes at the top of the hill.