Monday, March 16, 2009

Recovery Run

After a morning of errands and a delicious lunch at Duckfat (I highly recommend the Corned Beef Tongue Panini...and the fries...and the beignets...and the everything else...), we headed out for a short, easy run. I needed/wanted to take it easy after yesterday's long run. We decided to run the almost 5-mile loop around Highland Green.

Quote of the run: "I keep tasting pesto. I wish it was milkshake." (I'm not supposed to tell you who said that, but I will say that I didn't have either pesto or a milkshake today. Oh, and the person that said that is a girl.)

Overall, I felt pretty good on the run. My ankles and feet were sore, and I didn't exactly feel fresh. But, neither of those were a surprise. I spent a long time stretching and on the foam roller after the run, so I'm hoping to feel back to normal tomorrow.

Per usual, I've set up an NCAA basketball pool on Yahoo. I am perennially terrible at this, and finish last just about every year. If you'd like to join in taunting me, shoot me an email, and I'll send you the login.

No comments: