Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blown Away

I'm working on upping the mileage, so I need to get away from normal runs I've been doing on my not long run days. Generally, those runs have been either 3 or 5 miles. Also, the word on the street is that it's helpful to run a medium not longish run the day after a long run. So, I headed out on the Meadow Cross Road loop from our house.



The loop is 7.8 miles, and it's pretty hilly. I didn't feel fresh, but I didn't feel bad either, which pretty much what I was looking for. The even better news is that the hills felt easy. The only negative was the wind. It was whipping pretty good on Meadow Cross Rd....oh, and straight in my face. In fact, the last 4 miles were all into the wind. Ended up being 1:04:57, which was a faster pace than I had planned. So, it was a good run and just what I was looking for.

No comments: