Saturday, January 3, 2009

Snowmobile Trails

Met up with the Trail Monster crew at Bradbury this morning. Ian, Stephen, Randy, Jamie, Jim and Mindy were all in attendance. (Note how we all linked to each other's blogs...yup, we're dorky.)

I honestly had no idea how far I planned to run today, so I just went with the flow. The flow ended up being 14.5 in about 2:14. I wasn't sure how my calf would feel, but it felt fine the whole way. I was tired by the end, but it was a good long run for me. I ran with Mindy at the outset, as she was wishing she hadn't left her Yak Traks at the car. She and Jamie turned around at about 3 miles, and then we lost Jim after about an hour plus. At one point, I considered bailing out early, but the run was too nice and the directions were too complicated. (OK, it was really like go straight and take a right, but I was oxygen deprived.) Plus, Ian and Stephen kept playing the role of Papa Smurf: "Not far now."

A good day on the trails on a killer loop devised by Ian. He also took some cool pics, which you can see here.

I came home and made a huge breakfast. It was full of deliciousness. Shortly after that I ate lunch.

No comments: