Sunday, January 25, 2009

Operation I Have No Idea

After my ski on Thursday, the parts were feeling good. I stretched well after the ski, which was not only smart but also a huge help.

On Friday, I went for an easy run on the B/T bike path, which had about 3/4" of fresh snow on it. I ran the entire path, out and back, about 5.4 miles, and felt really good. Smooth and relaxed, so I was thinking that Operation Rejuvenation was on the right track. Plus, it was 3 minutes faster than when D and I did the same route on Monday. Another sign that things were headed in the right track. Woohoo.

Then I woke up yesterday morning. My hamstrings were cranky, tight, almost painful. Not good times. And, on top of that, I think I have a bit of a cold. Not a real cold, since I don't believe in them, but it's definitely something. OJ, vitamin C and Zicam...better than HGH and steroids.

So, all this means that we're smack in the middle of whining and excuses season. I'm a grump. But, I'm not sick. Nope.

No comments: