Saturday, August 2, 2008

Snappy 3

Ran 3 miles on my favorite loop in the Commons yesterday. It's nice to be able to run this loop without getting lost. Even better: this route is flat. After the last couple days, it was nice to run something flat. In fact, I had to hold myself back a bit. The quads were a bit cranky at the start, but once I got moving things felt great. I have to admit the feeling is one that has been long forgotten. The way my runs feel are reminiscent of how I used to feel...well, when I was actually a runner. Hmmm...

When I arrived at the parking lot, there was another runner there who had just finished. I asked him, "How are the deer flies?" To which he replied, "I didn't notice any." Well, I think he might have lied to me because they were aggressive. Perhaps he was rocking the blue cup.

Off to the AT tonight, from Rangeley to Stratton. Something tells me we're going to get wet.

No comments: