Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sluggish

My body is smarter than I am. That being said, I'm still trying to trick it into doing what I want. I woke feeling a bit tight. Clearly, still feeling the effects of Tuesday's run. The "plan" was to run 5. I just wasn't feeling it. I was contemplating taking another day off. In the end, I decided that I really had no excuse, so I headed for the Commons for 3.

Within seconds, it became obvious that the reason that I was feeling like taking a day off was because I was still pretty tired from the other day. I really felt it in the first mile. In fact, I felt tired and sluggish the whole way. My knee felt better. Not 100%, but better. More stretching is all I need. Off to do that right now.

The good news is I can watch the Olympics while I stretch. I have full on Olympic fever. I've been watching every second I can. Archery, fencing, judo...oh, and team handball. Team handball is awesome.

No comments: