Thursday, August 21, 2008

Best 12.5 Mile Trail Run Ever by Anyone at Anytime in the History of Everything Ever

Welcome to Snowman Says, where we never exaggerate.

In case you hadn't guessed, I had a great run this morning. Yeah, I said morning. I hit the trails at about 6:30a.m. For quite some time, I've wanted to run the course of the There's a Black Fly in My Eye 15k. Today was that day. Well, actually, I ran that loop (with a few very minor variations) and the first loop again at the end. I figured this would make it 12, and my approximation of the route on mapmyrun came out to 12.7. It's impossible for me to get it exact because I can't really "see" a lot of the trails, so I'm officially calling it 12.5. (I was going to post it, but there's something wrong with the mapmyrun blog posting function. So sad. Here's the link to it.)

It was cold when I started. Really cold. It took me a solid 15 minutes before I didn't feel cold anymore. My thumbs were the worst. But, because I'm super tough I pushed through with minimal tears. Aside from the cold, I felt great to awesome the whole way. It was really encouraging to feel so good on near 2-hour trail run. Really encouraging. That's pretty much it.

Well, not quite. My right calf tightened a bit in the final couple minutes. I stretched it throughout the day, and D gave me a little massage help with it tonight. Shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. I saw 5 cedar waxwings.

No comments: