Friday, August 22, 2008

5 Miles...Yawn. No Wait...Hooray!

D and I ran 5 miles together this morning. We just went out and back on the powerlines. (Well, not ON the powerlines, but we were on the trails beneath them.) It was a nice morning. We chatted a bit. My calf started out tight, but loosened up after a mile or so. That's it. It was a nice run, but completely uneventful and forgettable.

I'm not sure I'm so happy that it was uneventful and forgettable. It means I might be taking these things for granted. Last year at this time, 5 miles was a longish run. Two years ago, I could barely run 2 miles. Somebody please keep reminding me of that. Besides, I got to spend 45 quiet minutes with my wife. That's not a bad thing either. So, maybe it was a really great run. Yeah, I'll go with that.

No comments: