Friday, June 12, 2009

Stop Being Such a Wuss

Cue the AC/DC!

I reread my last post and realized what a whine-fest it was. So, yesterday, I decided to suck it up and just run. Week 5 of the trail running series at Great Glen Trails was the perfect excuse.

Admittedly, I wasn't feeling great throughout the day, but I really didn't care. Would my quads and groin explode? Only one way to find out. I did an easy 15-minute warm up, then went for it. I ran the uphills hard, and the flats and downhills at a comfortable, but up-tempo, pace. Overall, this probably ended up being an 85-90% effort. Nothing exploded. In fact, I felt really good. Not blazing fast, but 28:53 for 3.5 miles of toughish terrain was very acceptable. I stretched quite a bit afterward, and everything felt better than when I started. And, aside from slight tightness in my calves today, I felt even better.

A week to go until Mt. Washington. Bring it.

2 comments:

middle.professor said...

way to find your mojo.

Jamie Anderson said...

Yeah!!! Kick some butt!!!