Friday, April 25, 2008

I Ran!



(You had to know that was coming.)

Returned to the scene of the crime, the bike path, this morning. Yup, I even ran in the morning. I couldn't wait to try the thing out. Overall, I'd consider it a success, and I remain cautiously optimistic. I felt good, not great. My calf didn't hurt and wasn't tight. But, I could tell that something was there. Not sure how much of that was due to the fact that I was completely focused on it the whole time. But, that being said, I'm pleased. Actually, my quads felt tighter than my calves.

I ended up with 3 miles in 26:34, and was barely breathing throughout. Even though it was a real easy pace, it's good to know I didn't lose all my fitness this month. As far as the plan goes, I'm going to take it easy for the next two weeks and see how everything feels. With today's trial, I'm feeling comfortable enough to get onto some trails, too. That will be really nice. Looking ahead, I'd still put all my race plans up in the air. We'll just see how it goes.

So, for now, I'm back.

3 comments:

bbirney said...

Awesome! I like to tweak your nose in this blog, but it's great to hear you're measurably on the mend.

sn0m8n said...

You've been tweaking my nose? Now, my nickers are in a twist.

BS Hero said...

Congrats, Snowman. I know how frustrating it can be. I hope all goes well for the summer.