Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Back to Cathance

I returned to the Cathance River Nature Preserve today to once again try to develop some consistent loops from home. First of all, it's pretty sweet that I have such great singletrack so near my house. I wonder why that wasn't noted in the MLS listing? Admittedly, I was a bit tired and tight today after yesterday's almost speed work, but it was a great run. I had hoped to run about 5 miles, but in order to get any real singletrack time, it's clear that these loops are all going to be longer than 5. I ended up with 6.5 miles, a very groovy loop, and a better feel for the trails. Much less snow than last week, in fact hardly any, but still plenty o' mud.

Here's what it looked like:

I think that in the end, I'll probably be able to come up with a solid 10 mile loop.

1 comment:

middle.professor said...

Sounds awesome. So when are you going to mark out a course and host the Cathance Catharsis Trail Race?