Thursday, June 5, 2008

Spring Trail Running Series, Week 4

I need to work on my diet.

Today was the fourth week of the Spring Trail Running Series. I was looking forward to getting back in the swing of things with a good effort—my first hard effort since the Pineland 25k. Well, things didn't really go as planned, and I'm blaming the Thai food from last night. I wasn't feeling that great this morning, and then I had leftovers for lunch. Hot basil with fried tofu for lunch before a hard workout in the afternoon? Yeah, I'm an idiot. I went out for my warmup; about 15 minutes. Then I spent the next 15 minutes in the bathroom, and I wasn't blow drying my hair.

That being said, I ran pretty well. About 20 seconds faster than I have so far: 26:03 by my watch. Yeah, I don't know either. It was a good effort. I ran strong. Not fast, but solid. Then I did another 15 minutes for a warm down. I'm going to call it 6.5 for the day. Pretty solid.

But, in all seriousness, I really need to pay more attention to what I'm eating. Thai food before a hard workout? That's just dumb.

No comments: