Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just Taking It Easy...Or Not

I've been in and out of the Spring Trail Running Series at work this season. Unfortunately, I won't be able to complete the 6 out of 8 to qualify for the final standings or the prize raffle. Oh well, no socks for me this year. With that in mind, I just went out for an easy run on the course. My time will be in the standings, and, frankly, it will make it look like we have a few more people showing up each week. I wasn't quite sure I was going to run today as the rock in my calf was still kinda there the last couple days. It felt better today, so I decided to go for it. Well, I didn't really go for it. I just ran easy along the course. And, the good news is that my calf felt fine. Shannon once again hooked me up with a massage yesterday (because she's awesome), and I'll do some more stretching tonight. Should be good to go.

Go where? Well, I thought I'd do one more race. Yup, I'm insane.

So, on Sunday, it will be the Cranmore Hill Climb. At least it's an easy race. What? Oh...really? It's hard. Oh great. Yeah, it's a 10k that, you know, climbs to the top of a ski area...twice. But, what goes up must come down...yeah, twice. I'm pretty certain it's going to hurt. Should be good times.

So, if the calf feels good for the rest of the week, that's what I'll be doing on Sunday. But, this should be the last one for a while. Lots of hiking coming up.

No comments: