Thursday, February 7, 2008

That's Better

Things are significantly less sore today. I embarked on a 3-mile run in the Brunswick/Topsham bike path this afternoon, and I have no real pain or discomfort to speak of. (Can you "embark" on a run that's only 3 miles?) Well, there was a little bit of pain and discomfort, so I guess I am going to speak about it. The middle toe on my right foot is black. It's very tasty. It also kind of hurts. My right knee has also felt a little squacky, but only when I walk around, not while running. So, I guess it's not an issue.

In other news, winter has returned to the Midcoast. During my run today it was 22 degrees, light winds and light snow. I felt very hearty. It's good to see snow again, but it meant I had to don the YakTraks for my run. In fact, I was going to title this post "The Yak is Back," but that made me sick to my stomach. But, I was happy to have them as the weather around here the past few days has been kind of nasty. Ice and sleet and yuk. Today and last night we got about 5-6" of actual snow on top of that yuk, so it's a bit slippery. So, yeah, the Yak is indeed back, and I was happy to have them.

With no races on the schedule until May, I fear that this blog will become even more boring than it already is. Sorry. I'll have to start making things up. I don't want people to think that my action adventure lifestyle isn't actually full of action and adventure.