Sunday, February 24, 2008

Paying Attention

In the last couple months, I found my (limited) free time web browsing habits have changed. Lately, I've been paying a lot more attention to running websites and running race results. The reason is simple: It's the first time in the last 10 years that I've been either not injured or interested in running. For the first couple years after college, I was happy to do anything but run. I was totally burned out. Then I tried started running again and parts kept falling off. Then it took me a while to recover from my injuries after the AT. The last few months have been different, and I feel like I'm becoming an actual runner again. In high school and college, I paid a lot of attention to what was going on the world of running. The difference now is that I can find tons of information on these here Internets. I'm even reading about track athletes that I've never heard of but are apparently really fast, the politics of running and other...well, stuff. Been fun.

OK, maybe I'm not a real runner, since D and I only ran 3 miles on the bike path this morning. But I'm getting there.

2 comments:

BS Hero said...

Nice. Not many people come to the realization that they are a runner when it's February in Maine.

sn0m8n said...

Much easier than trying to run in Virginia in August. Advantage: Portland.