Friday, February 8, 2008

Fatigued

Holy crap there's a lot of snow at Great Glen. I knew it had been snowing, and I knew it had been snowing a lot, but I didn't realize how much there actually was. Good times. The skiing is pretty much perfect. I got this afternoon for a very leisurely ski, and I'm definitely still tired. Fatigued is the best word I could come up with. Not a lot of snap there. It's funny because I don't really notice it walking around, but as soon as I tried to stride it was noticeable. But, it's probably a good thing. I did run pretty hard on Sunday, and I'd be surprised if I wasn't fatigued. It should mean that I'll only get stronger as I train more throughout the winter. Right now, I think the plan is to go for short runs and longer skis while we have the snow. I might as well take advantage of the low impact of skiing while I can. That being said, I'm ready to get back onto running some trails. The pavement is killing me. Not that I want the snow to go away, I just want to have my cake and eat it too. But, really, why else would you have cake if you're not going to eat it? That expression never made any sense to me. And, yes, these posts are pretty much stream of consciousness.

No comments: