Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Worst Run Ever

OK, so that's an exaggeration, but it wasn't far off. Plan was to run 5 miles today, and I had a nice 5.5 mile loop all planned out. From the first step, I felt bad. Nothing hurt. Nothing specific. The running motion just felt uncomfortable, as if I was asking my body to do something it had never done before. I had no energy. I ended up cutting it short and just running 3.5. I came inside and ate a bunch of Pringles.

Upon further review, I'm going to blame lack of fuel. I didn't eat anything less than I normally would today, but apparently, I'm still lacking calories after our hike. That's moderately shocking since all I did Sunday night and Monday was eat. Perhaps, I need to rebuild my ample fat stores. Or, maybe my nutrition sucks in general. I'm not really sure. Either way, I'm packing as much stuff in as I can tonight in hope of reversing this result. Plus, I'm supposed to run "fast" tomorrow in the trail running series. I may just take it easy, but I'll make that decision after my warm up.

Here's the real issue: I'm a runner and am, therefore, neurotic. This was only one run that in the grand scheme of things doesn't make much difference...BUT...the marathon is looming. This weekend, I'm going to do my final long run before the marathon. It needs to go well. It has to. If you remember, my last long run didn't go so well. If I bomb out again, I will have ZERO confidence for the marathon. I'm legitimately freaked out right now.

On a happier note, I need to report that the new Power Bar flavors are SO delicious! Back in the day, I was a huge fan of the wild berry flavor. Apparently, no one else was because I haven't seen it for years. The Berry Blast and Creamy Citrus flavors are awesome. Please send me some.

No comments: