Friday, October 30, 2009

Warming Up

Headed out on the powerlines on a perceptively cool afternoon. It looked nice and the temp was in the low 50's, but the wind was up. There are two points in the run where I crest two hilltops, and along the powerlines there isn't exactly much of a wind break. Chilly.

Aside from the surprise coolness, I had a great run. I was a little sluggish at the start, but I warmed up. Hmmm...I remember this feeling. On all my recent runs, my energy has waned throughout, but not today. I actually felt better at the end than I did at the start. I had a good feeling even before I went out because I felt like I hadn't run in a week. I'd only taken one day off, but I was itching to get at it. And, on top of all that, I ran the route faster than I had planned—about 30 seconds faster per mile. Totally by accident. Hmmm...another good sign. Hopefully, this means I getting used to the new sleep schedule. Just in time for the Little Lady to change her mind...

Speaking of the Little Lady, I'm currently wearing my Pineland Farms Trail Challenge (cotton) t-shirt. It has barf on it. I didn't even barf during the race. That's funny.

No comments: