Sunday, October 4, 2009

Starting Up Again

This week marked the beginning of getting back into "real" running. I have a very rough plan for a mileage ramp up laid out, but I'm not going to be a slave to it. And, that's a good thing because I'm already off of it. But, that's not necessary a bad thing.

I had a couple decent short runs early in the week with the highlight a 5+ miler out and back on the powerlines from our house. I did that run on Wednesday morning and it was a cool, beautiful morning to be out. I fell off the wagon a bit yesterday, but it fell into the category of "running should be fun." I could have gone out and run three miles in the ark-building rain, but I thought that would be terrible. So, I bailed. With no strict/real training plan, I think that's OK.

Stuck around home today, and Mindy and Jamie came over for a run on the Cathance trails. We a had nice, leisurely 8-mile jaunt through the slippery mush, and it was a good time had by all. I did roll my left ankle at one point, and it's a bit sore this evening, but it should be fine. I have to admit, I was a bit tired by the end. Eight miles certainly isn't long, but it isn't insignificant either. Based on my "take it easy" plan, I probably shouldn't have run 8 miles today, but it was fun. And, really, that's the whole point.

Another mellow running week this week, but some other events should no doubt make it memorable.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Running is supposed to be fun?! I missed the memo.