Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Snowy Run

8" of new snow...check.
26°...check.
Sun thinking about setting...check.
Gaiters...check.
YakTraks...check.
Strange looks from neighbors...check.
A great run...check.

I headed out this afternoon not really knowing where I was headed. The roads had been plowed, but I still wasn't ready to give up the trails. So I headed for the powerlines figuring that at the very worst, I could tough it out until the Highland Green road. As it turns out, a truck had been into the tower and ATVs had been out on the trails giving me some fairly well packed tracks to run in. In a few places the snow was a little deeper, and overall it definitely slowed me down. The uneven sections were more uneven, but I only almost ate it twice. Looking forward to getting on the skis in the next couple days.

I just saw an ad for Arby's Cheesecake Poppers. I can't imagine why America would have an obesity epidemic.

No comments: