Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Exhausted? Feel Like Crap? Go for a Run!

Of late, work has been kicking me squarely in the nuts. It's been ridiculous. Granted, I'm not a rocket surgeon, but the stress level is high. I have way too much on my plate. As a result, I found myself awake at 1:15am last night in a cold sweat thinking about work. Two hours later I was still awake. By morning my gastro-intestinal state was not pretty. I have a history of gut issues, and it's not good times. I feel like I swallowed the Hindenburg. Needless to say I wasn't feeling particularly frisky today. In fact, I felt like crap. On top of that, the weather was complete ass. Rain, freezing rain, sleet and 33°. It doesn't get any nastier. Incidentally, I moped all day. However, somewhere in the back of my mind, this little voice kept telling me that I was going to run 4 miles today. After all, the schedule called for 4 miles. But between the way I was feeling and the weather, I was not listening to the little voice. Until 4:15. "F@?$# It!!! I'm going for a run!" I have no idea what happened. I went upstairs. I changed. I stretched. I scraped off the car. I drove to the bike path. I ran 4 miles. For those 34 minutes and 27 seconds, I didn't think about work. It was nice. Luckily, by the time I was running it had stopped precipitating, so it wasn't completely nasty. It was still cold, raw and damp, but I really didn't care.

In completely unrelated news, apparently Patrick Swayze has 5 weeks to live. Well, this is what was reported by the National Inquirer. That's terrible...for anyone. I hope it's not true. Either way, it reminded me that Roadhouse is one of the greatest movies of all time.



And remember, kids, don't eat the big white mint.

No comments: