Monday, February 1, 2010

Training Week 1/24 - 1/30

New feature here at Snowman Says: a weekly review of my training. Why? Because it's super exciting. OK, not really. I just thought it would be a good way for me to step back and take a good look at my training log. I find myself just entering and walking away. So, really, it's all about me.

But, wait there's more! I'll be posting a super-awesome retro song of the week that I've been listening to over the last week. So, see you get something, too: a terrifying glimpse into the music/noises my head.

One note on my training log: I just use a regular planner, not a fancy-schmancy training log, so my weeks start on Sunday. Apparently, this is weird. I'm OK with that.

Onto the numbers...

1/24, Sunday: 2.25 - 20:54, Georgetown roads. Met D while she was finishing her long run from my parents' house.

1/25, Monday: 5.5 - 44:52, Middle Bay. Absolute monsoon, and windy. Felt sluggish and tight...almost drowned.

1/26, Tuesday: Off

1/27, Wednesday: 6 - 44:13, Bike Path. Marathon pace run: 7:15/7:27/7:16/7:26/7:16/7:30. 7:27 was the pace I was looking for, so I was happy to be under that. The last mile reflects me actually relaxing because I didn't want to be too far ahead. It wasn't an easy workout, but it certainly didn't break me.

1/28, Thursday: 6 - 50:23, Mt. Ararat Loops. Nighttime, Blizzard. Best part about the run was not getting run over. Tough to tell if I was tired from Wednesday or just thrown off because it was dark and snowing and windy and moderately dangerous.

1/29, Friday: 3 - 26:49, Highland Green Out-n-Back. Cold and really windy. Felt tight.

1/30, Saturday: 7. Sidehiller Snowshoe Race

Totals:
Miles: 29.75
Trail: 7
Road: 22.75

Way too many road miles this week. Just kind of happened that way. I was very pleased with the pace run, but, overall, I felt a little off for most of the week. Well, until, Saturday, so I guess I'll take that.

And, what you've really been waiting for:



Depeche Mode is tremendous. I will not argue this point.

No comments: